Making Rights A Reality
Women Advocates Research & Documentation Centre
Join the Movement
Watch a Message About Our Campaigns
WOMEN DEMAND 35% CABINET SEATS FROM OGUN STATE GOVERNMENThttp://wardcnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/WhatsApp-Audio-2019-08-01-at-14.31.46.mp4
Years Of Experience
STATES OF OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA
FREE LEGAL SERVICES FOR WOMEN, CHILDREN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
Women Advocates Research and Documentation Centre (WARDC) is a non profit civil rights organization established in the year 2000. To promote respect for human rights, gender equality, equity, rule of law, accountability and social justice in Nigeria.
A just, equitable and sustainable world in which every person especially women and girls enjoy the right to a life of dignity, freedom from violence and all forms of oppression
To work together in solidarity with other women’s human rights defenders to create cultures of gender equality, justice and equitable access for Nigerian women using advocacy, litigation and policy reform strategy.
WHO WE ARE
Women Advocates Research and Documentation Center (WARDC) is a women’s rights organization in Nigeria, which provides pro bono legal services for women’s victims of gender-based violence and other women’s rights abuse. WARDC since inception has prosecuted over 450 cases in court, instituted four class actions and received an average of six women every week, for legal and socio counseling on matters of gender-based violence and other civil matters that affect women. It has also established 42 paralegal communities across Nigeria.
WOMEN’S RIGHTS ADVOCATES POLICY ADVISORY FOR THE PREVENTION OF GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE AND THE PROTECTION OF WOMEN AND GIRLS DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
We, the undersigned organizations recognize that since the outbreak of the 2019 novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a major mitigation strategy employed by governments worldwide is the imposition of lockdown of economic and social activities in a bid to curtail the...
DISCLAIMER This document is not intended to create, and may not be relied upon to create, any rights, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any party in any matter civil or criminal. The opinions, factual and other findings, conclusions, or recommendations...
https://soundcloud.com/user-756770789/women-demand-35-cabinet-seats-from-ogun-state-government A coalition of 150 women organizations under the aegis of More Women Campaign has called on the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, to ensure 35 percent representation...
Gender activist, Prof Patricia Donli has described as disturbing the prevalence of gender-based violence such as sexual abuse and rape in most tertiary institutions as well as the internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps. Prof Donli disclosed this at one-day training...
Our Top Priorities
– Advance education, research, self-development and positive change in the society.
– Promote gender equity as a principle of human rights and a developmental goal.
– Advocate gender re – balancing in resource distribution, legal rights and political participation.
– Promote gender justice and the achievement of equality in policies, laws and social relations.
– Contribute positively to the achievement of good governance, transparency, accountability and people-friendly legal system in Nigeria.
STRENGTHENING THE REPRESENTATION & PARTICIPATION OF WOMEN IN POLITICS & GOVERNANCE
- Facilitate the effective implementation of NDI project
- Strengthen Interparty network of women in politics
- Engage grassroots mobilization & campaign support for women in Leadership, decision & governance
- Facilitate mentoring platforms between upcoming women politicians
PROMOTING GENDER EQUALITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY THROUGH POLICY ADVOCACY AND INFLUENCE IN NIGERIA
Empowering communities with strategic actions for
- Promote Numeracy. Literacy, financial Literacy & Life skills to 180 girls (17-25 yrs)
- Establish/ Strengthen boys/girls clubs
- Provide scholarship for 20n girls
- Deploy financial literacy & Life skills to 120 boys (18-30 years)
- Advocate for girl’s education
STRENGTHENING CITIzENS RESISITANCE AGAINST PREVALENCE OF CORRUPTION (SCRAP-C)
Goal: A Reduction in corruption as a result of both strong incentives not to loot public resources .and public attitudes that will increasingly disapprove of corrupt activities.
STRENGTHENING VOICES OF ADOLESCENT GIRLS AND WOMEN IN NIGERIA FOR CHANGE AND POLICY INFLUENCE.
‘Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defence of women hating.’